MANILA STREAM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Kristell Lim : The"ERZA TITANIA" OF Philippine Cosplay



Ms. Kristell Lim in Her Erza Titania Cosplay Photo Courtesy of : Mr . Bidj Señal
"Cosplaying" in General is a kind of performance wherein a "cosplayer" dresses and looks like the character he/she wants to portray. it is a short term for "costume play" and it varies depending on the cosplayer's preference. There are costume which exhibits cruelness, fierceness and evilness. In contradiction to that, there are costumes that shows a colorful and magical touch to it as if it expresses festivity. the most popular is the fictional characters brought up by "Animes" and this is the reason why almost all the cosplayers are "otakus" or anime lovers.It is considered an art because a good cosplayer gives importance even to the smallest detail about the character they want to imitate. and today the person i am Featuring today is one of the best cosplayers i have seen and actually I haven't met her in person but her cosplay pictures speak and it's an enough reason and motivation to interview her and tough luck heaven heeded my call so Let's cut to the chase Here she is

"OUR FEATURED COSPLAYER AND OTAKU OF THE MONTH MS.KRISTELL LIM"


Ms. Kristell Lim as Hatsune Miku Vocaloid Photo Courtesy of : Kristell Lim


Ms. Kristell Lim is ,a graduate of BS Economics at University of Santo Tomas she is a Cosplayer Famous for her Erza Scarlet Heaven's Wheel (Anime "Fairy Tail") cosplay at the Otaku Expo 2010 Reload Convention. she is also a freelance model in photo shoots as well



Anime Sky : Hello Ms. kristell once again thank you very very much for giving us a great time as our OTAKU OF THE MONTH THIS APRIL here on anime sky and to start things of can you introduce yourself to your fans here and at anime sky

Kristell Lim :Hello, you already know me by the name of Kristell, but you can call me Tell or Telly for short.:p My location is somewhere in Pasig. And as for my age, I prefer you ask me directly.XD


                                                                    "And as for my age, I prefer you ask me directly"
                                                                                                                      -Kristell Lim



Random Japanese Schoolgirl Photo Courtesy of : Kristell Lim

Anime Sky : Wow cool that was really an Honest question Astig...Oh...looks like things will get more better and better from this point onward ok so on to our very first question.

Anime Sky: On your own words, what is cosplay/cosyplaying? What inspires you to do that thing and since when did you start cosplaying?

Kristell Lim :Cosplaying is an art at the same time a hobby, where you imitate fictional characters on how they act and dress. The most common sources are from anime, manga and games. But the sources can range to movies, comics, cartoons and many more. :)
I get my inspiration on the games I play, manga I read, animes I watch, and when I want a specific character come to life. I started this hobby in February 2011.



"Cosplaying is an art at the same time a hobby,I started this hobby in February 2011.
                                                                                                                                        -Kristell Lim"
 
Erza Titania Photo Courtesy of : Kristell Lim
Anime Sky : Wow that was really an awesome answer and good definition of cosplay too it's really impressive that you just started this february but it looks like you've been doing it a year or two. Now on to the next question

Can you enumerate all the characters you have cosplayed? And for you, what's the best character you have cosplayed so far?

Kristell Lim :
Testament from Guilty Gear
Yuuki Cross from Vampire Knight
Asuka Kazama from Tekken,
Gardevoir (Gijinka) from Pokemon
Miku Hatsune from Vocaloid
Rei Miyamoto from HighSchool of the Dead
Erza Scarlet (Heavens Wheel) from Fairy Tail
Rider from Fate Stay Night
Best character has to be Erza Scarlet, so far that's my heaviest and hard to maneuver costume among my set. And miraculously I withstood more than 5 hours standing in the convention.:p


"Best character has to be Erza Scarlet, so far that's my heaviest and hard to maneuver costume among my set. And miraculously I withstood more than 5 hours standing in the convention.:p  -Kristell Lim


It must have been hard on you wearing an Armor and standing for long hours but i think it paid off because you Portrayed a very cool character from Fairy tail a true Titania Indeed (^_^) \m/

Asuka Kazama of  Tekken Photo Courtesy of : Kristell Lim
  Anime Sky: About your Cosplay costumes and props who designs them most of the time?

Kristell Lim : Original designs of course come from the author of the series. As of now random seamstresses or Lyron does my costumes.

Anime Sky : What anime events do you mostly go to or hangout and which one of them is the most Coolest for you?

Kristell Lim : I usually go to big events like Ozine Fest, Metro Comic Con, Toycon, etc. The coolest for me has to be Cosmania, because of the wide venue and it is easy to spot people around.


"The coolest for me has to be Cosmania, because of the wide venue and it is easy to spot people around."  -Kristell Lim

Anime Sky : This is a Post in Question from one of our Fans at anime sky her name is briana hickman looks like foreign to me....cool oh well here it is..

"what type of anime genre do you find most important or what type of anime genre do you like most (shoujo, shounen ,action ,sci-fi)"

Kristell Lim :The anime genres that I like are comedy, action, psychological, horror, fantasy,
shounen, adventure, mature. Least favorites would be too much drama, mecha, and animes that are too cutesy-cutesy.
Rei Miyamoto of HOTD  Photo Courtesy of : Jeffred Bermejo
 Anime Sky : So you are focused on the more mature and intellectual side of Anime i see...that was really nice anime's like that are really cool to watch especially with  complex stories and scenarios oh ..on to the next question this one comes from One of our admins here on anime sky her codename is Admin L (Louise Giselle) her question is

"what do you like best about cosplaying? And what makes you choose a certain character to portray?"
"Erza Scarlet of Fairy tail "Photo Courtesy of : Raymond Barradas
Kristell Lim:  I like it because it makes me see a different side of me and at the same time a different look for every character I portray, also it makes me interested in other aspects of art (rather than drawing), like, make up, sewing, prop making and photography. Whenever I choose a character I always avoid characters that are too moe, lolitas, and characters in maid outfits. I choose the characters I cosplay not because they're cute, in my opinion it's more challenging to portray characters that are a little bit serious, cool and bad-ass. Because honestly, sometimes it's tiring to see cute characters just smiling and doing Asian poses all the time.
  
"In my opinion it's more challenging to portray characters that are a little bit serious, cool and bad-ass. Because honestly, sometimes it's tiring to see cute characters just smiling and doing Asian poses all the time. -Kristell Lim"

Rider From Fate Stay Night Photo Courtesy of : Kristell Lim
Anime Sky :This Another Question and this time it's a Tag team Question from two of our Admins Aj Dragneel Hitsugaya (Kaiji) and Julius Darlucio (Kiyoo)

Julius Q. what is your memorable experience in cosplaying?
AJ Q. is cosplaying your fav. hobby?

Kristell Lim


To julius : Most memorable cosplay experience will be AX2010 in Los Angeles. It was seriously cosplay day 'til night, there are events that start at 11pm, great concerts, epic cosplays, awesome people, and you got cosplayers as your neighbors when you stay in the hotels around the convention, that four day event was really tiring but totally fun. :D

To AJ :If work can be considered as a hobby then I'll say work.:P but for now I could say that it's cosplay, because it's where I invest some of my free time on.

Miku Hatsune Photo Courtesy of : Kristell Lim
 Anime Sky : From one of our Admins Mh Ack(Admin Kanzu) asks
what is the Craziest thing you did when it comes to cosplay? and What are your expectations this 2011?

Kristell Lim : I don't think I've done anything extremely and extraordinarily crazy, Is standing more than 5 hours in a con on an armored cosplay considered as such?>_< I expect and hope that this 2011 will be a good year for all of us, not just in cosplay but in other aspects as well.


Anime Sky : I sure hope we all have the best things in life this year Cool...Were almost at the end of our interview this is getting more interesting.....


Anime Sky :
Question from Janna Paula Victoria One of our contributors "what values people can get from joining cosplay? And how can you encourage youths to join cosplaying?"

Kristell Lim : New friends with the same interest, learning the arts and crafts of the costumes and as for the others they just want to express themselves. Everyone who loves anime, manga, games, movies, etc. are free to join in. ;)

Anime Sky : Some guys told me you are cute and i definitely agree with that so Ms. Kristell This is a Trick Question here it goes.
do you have any boyfriend as of now or you are single as of now?

Kristell Lim : Single, but I have an inspiration. :">


"Cosplay is just a hobby, not a priority. Not all hobbies come cheap and cosplaying is one of those. It's okay to enjoy it, but we must sometimes weigh what is more important for us."-Kristell Lim

Anime Sky : Any message from all our Fans and your Fans As well and to the people who want to enter cosplaying?  
Photo Courtesy of : Mr . Bidj Señal


Kristell Lim : Thank you for the all the support you guys given me all throughout my 1 year span on indulging in this hobby!:)It makes me feel like I'm doing this for years. :3
For Anime Sky fans, continue to support and spread your page, and thanks for choosing me as your Otaku/ Cosplayer of the month of April. ;)
And just a piece of advice~ Cosplay is just a hobby, not a priority. Not all hobbies come cheap and cosplaying is one of those. It's okay to enjoy it, but we must sometimes weigh what is more important for us.
Photo Courtesy of : Mr . Bidj Señal

Anime Sky : Okay so It's time for promotions and advertisements do you have a fan page, a twitter account, or any social networking sites where we can reach you just share it here

Kristell Lim : Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kristell-Lim/157345317628195

DeviantArt: http://sweetcinn.deviantart.com/
Cosplay Cure No.: 240057


Anime Sky : So this is the End Really thank you Very Much......for this Oppotunity Ms. Kristell Lim hope to have an Encore sana maulit ulit itong moment na ito thank you very much

There yah Have it guys First of all I wanted to thank miss Kristell Lim for answering our call as our FEATURED OTAKU OF THE MONTH as a Filipino I am proud to feature one of our own here on anime sky while I was looking at her shots i was moved by her Erza Scarlet cosplay and that motivated me to interview this Fair young lady with a talent as such in cosplay. and of course to our fans and subscribers who are reading our interview posts in facebook or in our blog as well thank you very much Till next month i wonder who's next by the way oh well

See yah

-ACE-
SPECIAL THANKS TO THE FF. PEOPLE BEHIND THIS ARTICLE

Ms. Kristell Lim
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kristell-Lim/157345317628195

Mr. Bidj Senal
http://www.facebook.com/bidj.gwapo

Mr.Raymond Baradas
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1759710751

Mr. Jeffred R. Bermejo
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1838268024
Ms. Krizzy Enajehttp://www.facebook.com/iamkrizzy

1 comment:

More Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...