MANILA STREAM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Young Adult Anime Fan Notes

Can you still remember the first anime that you watched? How about the first anime character that you really liked or, well, fell in love with?

Anime was quite famous during my time. Well right now, I am 22 years old (even though people have been doubting if I am really 22 because I act and look like 16 :p). This only means that I am a 90’s kid. Yeah, 90’s. The Golden age of Anime in the Philippines.

During that time, a lot of new anime came. It was the time when children who doesn’t have school will open their television at 9am. A quite shock right? 9am ^^. I know it’s difficult for you to remember if there were animes being shown at that time in the 90’s. Well actually there’s quite a lot. Those were the Classic Animes. I know you’re still confused, now I would like to name some. Can you still remember ‘Daddy Long Legs’? How about ‘Julio at Julia’? I know you can remember ‘Princess Sarah’ and ‘Cedie’. You maybe wondering if these are really animes, well guess what! ~They are. These animations are from Japan, so yes, we can consider these as animes, all though they have been labeled as the classic ones. Actually I was fond (I am fond can also be used because until now, I love them) of these animes. I watched every episode of these titles since I attended the afternoon class when I was in Grade School. I actually learned a lot from these animes like being humble, kind, generous and more. The early types of anime focused more on developing the moral of every child. Every episode has taught me something new.

How about animes being shown in the afternoon during those times? Who can forget the great Voltes V with Steve, Big Ben, Little John and others. Or Daimos? How about BTX, Blue Blink, Magic Knight Rayearth or Zenki? If you’re a 90’s kid like me, I know you were able to memorize the translated version (*tagalized* :p) of those anime’s opening songs. I know right now you are trying to remember the lyrics of those songs. I know too that right now the songs are playing inside your head. “Maglalakbay ako patungo sa kawalan” (for BTX). “Ako si Blink sa bawat oras nariyan, tutulong sa nangangailangan, ako’y maasahan..” (Blue Blink). And of course this one “Kami, narito, asahan nyo, magtatanggol. Makikipaglaban, para sa kapayapaan.”(For Magic Knight Rayearth). These animes certainly completed the afternoon of a child who came back from school.

Now who’s your first anime crush? *Blushes*. I know that we sometimes fancy an anime character, up to the point that we wish that they’re real or even to the point that they tend to be the basis of our crushes/ ideal boy or girl.. In my case, my first anime crush-> Mitsui Hisashi from Slam Dunk<- He’s tall, he’s good at basketball and he’s good looking. I also fancied Kinomoto Touya from Card Captor Sakura. I actually bought their pictures, wall scrolls, dolls and figurienes. Well who can blame me, I was young and really into anime. I actually made a fan fiction about me and Mitsui Hisashi (which I will never ever share :P) How about you? Who’s first anime crush?

The early anime shows became the foundation of the, well, adult or young adult otakus/ anime fans, in the Philippines. There may be differences with the past and the current anime that has been and are being shown but these animes will decide what kind of anime fans that will exist in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...